Sunday 18 November 2018

Gelli Arts ® - Holiday Cards


This week on the Gelli Arts® Blog, the Artists are sharing Holiday cards. For my card backgrounds, I decided to create a masterboard using the 3 X 5 plate and the 3" round plate.



I have recently been loving making master boards, they are so easy to put together and great for creating backgrounds for a series of projects, in this case cards! The above image is the two masterboards I created before I cut them up to make card backgrounds. 


I mounted the 3 X 5 plate and the 3" round plate on to an acrylic block and went to town creating impressions with Gelli Arts acrylics paints, bubble wrap, and various stencils from my stash.


I tried to keep as much white space as possible, which gives the piece a slightly airier look! I love that it makes it look a little less busy as well.


I personally struggle with maintaining white space in my projects, but I am learning to embrace it more so recently. 


I finished off the cards by adding them to some card bases and adding some simple and versatile greetings with my Dymo Label Maker. 


Here's a quick video where I'm putting together the cards after I cut the panels down!


Thank you so much for stopping by!


Here is a list of all products I used:
(Use code TaniaA to get 10% off all orders over $20!)

Gelli Arts® Printing Plate 3 X 5 www.bit.ly/Gelli3x5
Gelli Arts® Printing Plate 3" round www.bit.ly/Gelli3round
Gelli Arts® Acrylic Paints https://bit.ly/GelliPaints
Gelli Arts®  Brayer 
Stencils
Bubblewrap
Cardstock
Adhesive


No comments:

Post a Comment