Thursday 7 June 2012

Paper Artsy - Artful Mini Album

I finally worked up the nerve to put this little mini-album together. the idea was to use all of the Paper Artsy stamps that I had been hoarding including the gorgeous Lynne Perrella ones!



I am so pleased with how it turned out! I made the cover and just couldn't decide how I wanted the inside pages to be ... and then I thought: I will do exactly as I want because it's mine to play with! So I dove in head first, and went along with the first idea that came into my head and I like to think it works. I am especially proud of the cover (I used Paper Artsy metal sheets and alcohol ink to add the metallic highlights) . I had great fun distressed a piece of cloth for the backdrop of the centre-piece. Each page has texture on it somewhere: the distressed pages, the mica sheets, fusible fibres, moulding paste, embossing with my beloved WOW! Clear Matt embossing powder (this stuff MUST be tried with Pan Pastels)! The cover is made from canvas cloth and sticky back canvas.

I had great fun making this little mini and have sent it off for publication too, let's see what happens there. You won't know until you try, right? :)

This was also the first time I got really messy with Paper Artsy Fresco paints and they are absolutely divine to play with. I especially love how easy it is to layer different translucent colours on top of each other to get lovely effects. I even added some of the Snowflake  Fresco Finish by watering it down a bit and using it as a mist in a cheap spray bottle. I also used a lot of my Crafter's Workshop stencils ... I woke up one fine day and discovered that I had a collection! :D

I am entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Texture Challenge for fun. Thanks for peeking in! 

6 comments:

  1. I love it, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abolutely FAB Tania, as usual I don't know where you find the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you love doing something, you make time!

      Delete
  3. Hi Tania, missed you on Flickr for some months. Glad I've found you back on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed everyone at the Flickr group too! I must get back into that again. Things just keep getting busier and busier!

      Delete