Sunday 25 September 2011

Altered Ikea Malma Mirrors

Our staircase was a little bare, so I decided to buy some inexpensive mirror frames from good ol' Ikea and jazz them up with some paint and embossing powders. Here the result:

Wow Embossing Powder: Earthtone Paprika


On Saturday I also attended an introductory Arts Therapy class which was amaaaaazing and I can quite easily see myself doing something like that in the future: combining two of my interests: counselling and art! For a little while we were let loose on some papers and oil pastels, and here was what I did:

First time I used oil pastels, I will definitely consider getting myself some to play with. My wishlist runneth over, le sigh!
I also use to do a lot of henna work (back in the day haha) and have recently become interested in restarting it again. I love the smell of henna, and seeing henna on my hands brings back memories of happy times with friends and family. I will try to find photographs of the henna that was done for my wedding and upload those here.  I have ordered a henna cone which I am hoping will arrive soon, but in the meanwhile, my trusty Inksentials Enamel Accents would have to do and I practised some morrocan style patterns with it:

I think I fancy doing a whole card the same way!
 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment